Sunday, March 21, 2010

Game Day at R House


Yesterday was a fun day. It had friends, games, and lasagna.

There were many people at R house - and lots of kids. We hired a babysitter to cover for 4 hours of the afternoon. I got to get in 3 games, which we all very fun.

First, I played Caribbean - which was a new game to me. It was a fairly straight-forward auction type of game. I thought I had it figured out, but was foiled by another player who mirrored my every move. 3-players and I almost pulled out a victory.

Second, I played Pandemic with four others (3 children under the age of 10). This is a cooperative game that isn't horrible like most other cooperative games. In fact, it's really quite good. We used the On the Brink expansion's Virulent Strain option. Alas, while valiant, we could not save the world. Working as a team can be difficult with 3 children.

Last, I played Ra. My wife hates the game, but I really enjoy it. (She didn't play.) We got a game of 5 going. It is another auction-style game. I played more conservatively than I usually do. Cjfen won the game - first time he had played. (download Ra for PC)

Looking back on the day, I don't regret the fun at all. But some friends came a long way, and brought their Blip of Cheer, and I didn't spend much time talking with either cjfen or johfen. I haven't seen them in more than 5 years. I've prayed for them alot in the last few years, and it seems like I blew a great opportunity to catch up with them or get to know them better. Since it seemed like they had a good time, I imagine that there will be more chances in the future. (I probably won't be serving lasagna, though, next Game Day.)

(Photo pillaged from timewellspentgames.com -
my preferred online game store.)

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Wow, so you really were serious about blogging! Great! I'll be following your posts.

    We had a fun time the other weekend. No worries. We'll be around for a long time, I think. To try to shove in all that has happened in the last several years would be too hard. Sometimes it's just fun to be at someone's house, that's all.

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete