Monday, November 29, 2010

I knew something was wrong with me


I have a disorder. Now, I haven't been medically tested, but I'm sure my family members would corroborate: Selective Eating Disorder. (If only my parents would have known . . . .)

There are some things that I dislike due to taste. Some things I dislike due to texture. Most are due to both. Usually centers around food that is quite good for me (think veggies), but also includes most food from the water (fish, scallops, etc.)

People around me have wondered what was wrong with me. "Why don't you like this food? Everyone likes kimchi!" "Oh no. Don't pass the beans to Tim. He hates them."

At least my story isn't like this man's story. I'm glad I have only a few, fairly minor disorders.

Could I apply for 'Disability' with this?

No comments:

Post a Comment