Friday, November 19, 2010

I can't understand this . . .


A couple from Apple Valley, MN has posted an online poll and asked people to vote on it. It is open until Dec. 7, so if you have an opinion . . . . Here's the thing, they are pregnant. And the poll question is: "Should we give birth or have an abortion?". Though I haven't read it on their site explicitly, I'm presuming that they will go with the majority vote. Currently, it's 4-1 give birth.

Assuming that the child is born, how could they look this kid in the eye and tell them the story of the poll and then assume that the child still feels loved by them? That they are asking others to make a decision for them does not remove them from responsibility. Yet, with that (huge) responsibility, they are trusting people whom they don't even know with this.

Is life this "throw-awayable"?

Read the Star-Trib article here.

2 comments:

  1. I have no idea what kind of comment to make about this. Has it really come to this? And yet, don't we do something similar often by asking people around us for their opinions? Yikes. Yikes. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this in the newspaper today, and I got sick to my stomach. This is completely disgusting, and I would think horrifying is a fair word, too.

    But that dear child, who God loves, that child has nothing to do with this. I pray God's lavish blessing on this child.

    ReplyDelete