Monday, October 18, 2010

NIKE would hate this!

A prof. at Liberty University (brings to mind Jerry Falwell) is trying to start a small movement in barefoot lifestyle. His message: Shoes are bad.

He teaches Biology at LU, so he has a good knowledge basis to ground is radical ideas. But he goes further than talking about this "ped"-demic (ha ha, I made that up myself), he goes barefoot everywhere he can. He used to teach barefoot, though that lasted only a semester. He goes to restaurants barefoot. He practices shoeless shopping. He has run 10-mile races with nary a sock.

I'm not sure this is for me as I have flat feet and cannot stand hard surfaces in bare feet for very long. Maybe its not for everyone.

Read the full article here.

3 comments:

  1. I've heard about this before. I can imagine it works well for many feet but not for all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard that walking around outside without shoes or socks is good--somehow the minerals and good stuff in the earth travel through your soles into your bloodstream?? Am I crazy for believing this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't say if it is good for you - and if it is, why it is good. I suppose if you walked shoeless for a substantial period of time, you'd build up pretty thick calouses - and I don't know how minerals and good stuff would get to your bloodstream. So, maybe you're crazy.

    ReplyDelete