Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I'm sorry ... I didn't know.

In my mid-week Bible study, we were studying the passage in 1Pet where Peter mentions that one, having suffered in their body, were done with sin.

We thought that the suffering in the body would focus the attention so as to put the desires for sin to the side - the pain has a way of focusing the mind. But where is it in the world where Christians are suffering for Christ?


I cannot suffer for them. That is their curse and blessing. Yet, I can think of them, remember them, be inspired by them, . . . and pray for them. Maybe, in some way, their suffering can make a difference for good in me. And in turn, that difference may be good for others. May it help to focus me than I also might be done with sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment