Tuesday, August 17, 2010

He who hit The Shot has died. RIP Bobby Thompson


When I was younger, I followed baseball with a passion. I followed it forwards and learned about its history backwards. One of the great moments of Baseball history was The Shot Heard 'Round the World, a 3-run home run off the bat of Bobby Thompson to win the pennant for the Giants. Over time, I managed to obtain one of Bobby Thompson's baseball cards.

Bobby Thompson died on Monday. (video on linking page)

On a side note, did you notice the number of people in the stadium who were well-dressed. (Nice hats). It would be easier to count the people who weren't in their Sunday best. I'm going to my first Twins' game at Target Field tonight. (I've been to the Metrodome and Met Stadium many times before.) How should I dress? (And where will I get a fancy hat?)

1 comment:

  1. Watched the video and there were some fine hats. I'm still voting for an olive fedora.

    ReplyDelete