Thursday, July 22, 2010

More Requests for Artistic Input


As you know, I've finished up my most recent string-art project.

Well, on to a new one.

The picture that I'm trying to emulate is from the cover of one of the editions of William Golding's "The Lord of the Flies".

So, my string selection seems fairly simple, get the dark lines to outline the boy, then fill in the rest. Well, I'm not sure about the last part. I did get the first part by projecting this picture on to the wall and tracing the pattern on my paper.

The rest would be an awful lot of red/orange string - and I've got lots of all different colors left over from the previous project. Anyway, here's what I've got:

Any ideas what to do with the rest?

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, dude, that's tough. The red seems to be an integral part of the stark nature of the original art- reminiscent of blood and rawness. You could do a progression of fire colors- yellow, orange, red, white, blue. You could do red with a mix of other colors. What feeling do you want to convey?

    ReplyDelete