Sunday, December 19, 2010

Holy Astronomical Collision Batman


For the first time in many hundred years, a Lunar Eclipse will match up with the Winter Solstice. (Those who write horoscopes must be going nuts!) Starting Tuesday, just after midnight, the moon will start to hide in the shadow of the Earth - full moon to no moon. It will take a few hours for the hiding to the Peek-a-boo on the other side to complete. And whatever else is happening, it promises to be cold in MN. So find a warm spot inside the house or car with some people or things to keep you awake, and you may well be able to see this "once-in-four-hundred-year event". Then, of course, you could otherwise try and get a good night's sleep.

I wonder if there is a lottery drawing on Tuesday, I read that that was supposed to be my lucky day!

More here, but you'll have to slog through a short interview with a Wiccan.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got up and checked-bummer about the cloud cover. I enjoy your enthusiasm for this kind of stuff. I remember seeing interesting astronomical things while pregnant with both kids. Thanks for taking me on adventures!

    ReplyDelete