Friday, April 9, 2010

Reaching Heavenward

This morning on my FedEx route, I saw some wonderful things from my truck. Alas, I have no pictures, so I will describe them.

First, leaving the airport, I drove next to a small pond on the NW corner of the airport. Since it was chilly, there was a layer of fog on the lake since the water was warmer than the air. But it's shape was odd. The fog was level on the North side, but on the South it looked like great arms stretching out into the sky.

As I kept on driving (no stopping for pictures - even if I had a camera), I imagined that they were reaching out to the sun, for the sky was just beginning to show light and chase shadows.

By the time I got to my next stop at 1 General Mill Blvd, their lake only had fingers of fog pointing up at the sky. The sun was almost up.

My third stop was at 12001 Hwy 55 at the Honeywell building. The fingers had sunk back into their lake as the darkness had been vanquished for awhile (or "put to bed" for the non-violent).

It was fun to imagine the arms of the fog pull up the sun and get burned away by its light and heat.

Just a thought.

2 comments: